About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Monday, August 12, 2013

Updated Supply List

If you are reading this you probably got my post card today saying that your child is in my class this year. YAY! Thank you for checking out my blog already! This will be a place for me to share important information, update you on the things we're doing here at school, or just share something awesome that I found!

The purpose of this post is to give you my personal supply list. Hopefully you aren't an overachiever parent (oh wait that wouldn't be so bad!) who already bought the supplies from the Merrill Road list. But if you have don't worry we can still use that stuff! You will just find that I took off some things that we don't need, and added a few things that we do need!

So if you can't wait until after Meet the Teacher on Friday (or if you can't come to that) here is a list of the supplies your child will need for First Grade! I will be passing out this same list on Friday to all who can make it!



Ms. Bowes First Grade Supply List
* 1 – backpack WITHOUT wheels
* 1 – box of tissues (needs to be restocked frequently)
* 1 – pencil box (labeled with name)
* 1 - 1 inch 3 ring binder (WHITE, with slip in front to add a cover)
* 1 box – 24 count "skinny" crayons (regular, no glitter, etc.)
* 8 – glue sticks (needs to be restocked frequently)
* 2 bottles – waterless hand sanitizer (needs to be restocked frequently)

* 1 box – Ziploc gallon bags --BOYS (please no Hefty brand zipper bags- These hardly hold our materials!)
* 1 box – Ziploc sandwich bags -- GIRLS
* 1 spiral notebook (wide ruled is the best for first graders!)
* 1 ream – white copy paper (needs to be restocked frequently)
* 1– yellow  paper 2-pocket folder with prongs
* 1- green paper 2-pocket folder with prongs
* 1- red paper 2-pocket folder with prongs
* 1- plastic 2-pocket folder with prongs in matching transportation color:
car rider/walker- orange ; extended day- green; bus/van - yellow

* Optional but highly recommended:  1 pair headphones (ear buds or regular) labeled with student’s name. (for individual use during computer time)- Walmart has a few $5.00 pairs, or you can find them at the Dollar Store!







* Please purchase plain-covered materials without designs or logos. Do not label your child's name on the folders or binder, I will take care of that :)

Additional items we will need but are not required:
* disinfecting wipes or spray (Clorox, Lysol, etc)
* tape (scotch, double sided or shipping tape)
* snacks (pretzels, crackers, goldfish etc.- avoid sweets and "junk food")
* address labels (Avery 5160)
* Expo board cleaner spray
* colored printer paper or stationary (for newsletter and reminders)
* sheet protectors
* Tempera paint

Small toys and games are always accepted for treasure box treats! Think of me next time you clean out your child’s room/toy box!

I hope to see you all on Friday at 2:15!

No comments:

Post a Comment