About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It was another great holiday celebrated in our classroom! I loved seeing all the green and shamrocks today. What I love most about St. Patty's day is that it means spring is on it's way! :)

This week we started doing subtraction problems in math. I was very pleased with how easily students were able to catch on to this new skill.Next week we will talk about the relationship between addition and subtraction and learn about fact families.

We also started during research and taking notes for our individual reports in writing. Ask your child a fact they learned today about their selected animal :)

Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment