About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Welcome to what I hope will be a wonderfully useful tool to connect what is happening in our class,  to you at home! I wish to use this as a primary source of information about new and great things happening in our class.

And now... my first topic for --

Things I Love:

I LOVE these books and I am slowly building my classroom library with lots of STEP 2 and STEP 3 books. I love that they are based off characters and things our children love, this makes them more engaging and fun! They even have non fiction books. I highly recommend these books!

Please click on the link below to find a very useful guide to the Step into Reading series. These books are designed to be interesting for your young reader, and usually cost less than 5 dollars a book! First graders can read level 2 and 3 books (with support)!
Step into Reading: Levels
^^ Link


Thank you for stopping by, Check back daily to stay connected!


K. Bowes

No comments:

Post a Comment