About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Feels so good to be back! :)

WOWWIE WOW! What a day! We we certainly busy today! I enjoyed starting to get to know my new students and I can tell it's going to be a good one!

Forgot to mention snack to parents, so we didn't get to snack today.. but we're covered for tomorrow! Good snack ideas would be: goldfish, pretzles, crackers, fruit snacks...

Thank you everyone for the supplies! :) We have enough tissues to last protect a first grade army! We could still use some disinfection wipes (clorox, lysol...) to keep our classroom clean and germ free!!

Homework and Book in the Bag won't start until next week but start studying sight words. The list is in the back of the homework folder. Please get in the routine of checking your child's homework folder for important information and also sign the behavior grade on the calendar. If your chlid writes me a sentence or two about their first days of school they will earn a free trip to the treasure box!

Thank you again for a great first day, I am so blessed to work with your children :)

K. Bowes

No comments:

Post a Comment