About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Supply List

Good Evening! If your just joining me for the first time I hope that means you got my postcard today! My name is Kayla Bowes and I will be your child's first grade teacher!

I have spent the last two days organizing and setting everything up in my classroom and I have discovered one thing: I have an overload of supplies!! This year moved into a new classroom that had a lot of things left behind by the departing teacher. Thanks to her I have been able to scale down my supply list for this fall. It works for your wallet and helps with my storage space!

Additional supplies may need to be restocked later in the year. I will communicate that on the monthly newsletter you will find in your child's daily folder throughout the school year. The items listed below are the only ones we will need at this time!

Ms. Bowes
First Grade Supply List 2012


* 1 – backpack WITHOUT wheels
* 1 – pencil box labeled with name
* 1 - 1 inch 3 ring binder
* 1 box – 24 count "skinny" crayons (regular, no glitter, etc.)
* 8 – glue sticks (Staples has a 10 pack of Elmer's purple sticks for $5 until Saturday 8/18)
* 2 bottles – waterless hand sanitizer (needs to be restocked frequently)
* 1 box – Ziploc gallon bags (boys)
* 1 box – Ziploc sandwich bags (girls)

* 1 ream – white copy paper (needs to be restocked frequently)
* 1– green 2-pocket folder with prongs
* 1- blue 2-pocket folder with prongs

* 1- red 2-pocket folder with prongs
* 1- plastic 2-pocket folder with prongs in matching transportation color:
car rider/walker- orange ; extended day- green; bus/van - yellow

* Optional but highly recommended:  1 pair headphones (ear buds or regular) labeled with student’s name. (for individual use on computers in the computer lab and in the classroom
)


Clear front will allow a personalized title page!

Green, orange or yellow
green, red, and blue



* Please purchase plain-covered materials without designs or logos. Do not labeling your child's name on the folders or binder I will take care of that :)

Additional items we will need but are not required:
* disinfecting wipes and/or spray (Clorox, Lysol, etc)
* tape (scotch, double sided or shipping tape)
* snacks for the class (pretzels, crackers, goldfish etc.- avoid sweets and "junk food")
* address labels (Avery 5160)
* Expo Writing Practice board (dotted line white board)
* dry erase crayons
* colored printer paper or stationary (for newsletter and reminders)


Thank you for the support I am looking forward to a great school year! Hope to see you on Friday, if not Open House is September 13th at 6:30PM!

I will update later this week as I get schedules and information about the school year...maybe even some pictures!?! Leave me a comment if you like what you see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment