About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blessed

Last week has me feeling blessed in so many ways! Wal-Mart donated 20 $50 gift cards to our teachers as part of their new Teacher Reward program. I was lucky enough to get one of those cards and I registered our class on their website. It allowed me to make a supply list and a wish list for our class. You can find it by going to classrooms.walmart.com Then you search for Merrill Road Elementary and then you'll see my classroom listed. :)

Another positive for the week was my nomination for Teacher of the Year. I feel so honored to be recognized along with the other nominees, whom I personally look up to and am inspired by each day! I truly work with the most amazing group of ladies!! I know we all deserve the title so good luck to you all!!

I did come down with a slight sinus infection on Thursday so I went to the doctor right away and I got to feeling better quickly. I'm glad I didn't wait I've had the weekend to recover and I'm feeling great. I just hope my students can say the same. We had quite a few students out last week and a few feeling sick. It's always a good idea loading up on the vitamin C around this time of year!!

I had time this weekend to go through some old mail and (sadly) I found that both my subscriptions to National Geographic Kids and National Geographic Little Kids have ended. Each magazine is about $15 dollars for a subscription and it's a great way for kids to read engaging informational text. I recommend these magazines for every first grader!!

On the plus side I've found that National Geographic Young Explorer (which is a bit more expensive) actually has a bunch of their issues available online at http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ngyoungexplorer/

The magazine with read the issue to the students or they may read it on their own which I love. I know what the kiddies will be doing during computer lab/centers this week :)

I have one picture to share from flag raising. Unfortunately I cracked the back of my phone resulting in horrible picture quality, but I hope to be getting the new iPhone soon so I'll be able to post pictures more frequently!


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment