About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!!

I just got back from the TEACH conference that was held in downtown Jacksonville today and I am walking on cloud nine right now! First of all I was with a great group of girls that I work with and it was a huge event so of course tons of other amazing teachers I've met along my journey were there! To start the morning the first key note speaker was Lucy Calkins. We use her Units of Study for Primary Writing as a part of our writing curriculum and it's amazing!!! It was so inspirational to hear her speak about the newly adapted (in FL at least) Common Core Standards. I was honored to get a picture and have her sign my book!


Too bad it turned out blurry...

After two short break out sessions and lunch it was time for our next keynote speaker. Brad Cohen came out and gave a touching, inspirational, motivational, hilariously funny speech. I can't even put into words how amazing it was to hear him speak :)

It really has been a motivational and inspirational day and I can't wait to get back to school on Monday and do what I do best :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment