About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

100th Day Fun!!

Friday was the 100th day of school. The day started off with a few wonderful surprises. The Terry Parker Band and Cheerleaders took part in our pep rally!



Then one of our own classmates won the raffle for the bike for having "Perfect Perfect Attendance" :) Kierra looked great on her new bike.

I snapped a picture as Mrs. Gray read her name! Lots of smiles and hugs for her, we were so proud!!!

At the Pep Rally we turned in our 55 toothbrushes collected this week for Hubbard House. Together the first grade collected over 250 toothbrushes! The rest of the school collected lots of shampoo and toothpaste!!










Our class collected 110 items for the Souper Bowl of Caring, and the school collected around 2,600 items for the food drive! Thank you to all the families who donated cans and toothbrushes this week!

After the spelling test we had a 100th day themed snack. YUM!


Later that day, we had a lot of fun making Fruit Loop necklaces, rolling the dice to 100, recording our numbers, and building with 100 legos, cubes, and blocks.




It's been a great 100 days, looking forward to the next 80 being just as wonderful!


1 comment:

  1. Your classroom looks like a wonderful and fun place to learn! What a great idea to have the kiddos help you update the blog! I am now following you and would love for you to visit me if you get the chance! I have TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete