About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nonfiction FUN

This week we started learning about NONFICTION BOOKS!

This is what the kids said about nonfiction:
* it's real -N.H.
* it will teach you something S.B.
* it gives us more information- I.R.
* it tells you about real things - A.A.
* it is real information - E.E.



We began making a features book where we spend a day talking about a feature, and we write about what that feature is, and how it helps us. Then we get to draw a picture of the feature. (L.W)






Today we learned about photographs and we made our photograph features page. Check out I.R's wonderful work!





Check back daily for more updates from Miss Bowes and her Smarties (C.B came up with that nickname)

Get out and explore NF! (J.Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment