About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dr. Seuss

This week is one of my FAVORITES because we get to celebrate one of my favorite authors: Theodore Seuss Giesel, or Dr. Seuss!!

Friday is his actual birthday but we are getting ready by reading as many Dr. Seuss books as possible! Each morning students vote on which book they want to read using the cubes. Then we look at our graph and read the winning book!


Yesterday we had time to read two of the books and we added them to the book log to the right of the books. We're hoping we can fill up the log by Friday!

On Friday we will read my FAVORITE book The Lorax. Too bad we can't take a class field trip to see the Lorax movie that opens this weekend!

Check back later this week for more Seussy updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment