About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Red Ribbon Week and other Updates!

It's hard to believe it's only Tuesday and this week has been full of so many blessings so far!! We've been collecting non-perishable items for the local food shelter and for a little extra encouragement I promised a trip to the treasure box for each set of 10 cans a student brings!! We have about 12 items so far so please help us help out the less fortunate in our neighborhood! Items may be sent in up until Friday.

Now on to the good stuff :)

PTA started Student of the Week so we have our first shining star :)






It's Red Ribbon week so we're having dress up themes each day this week, yesterday was hat day!! I forgot to take a picture of the slippers today :( Tomorrow is Team Spirit Day!


These girls just made my day with their enthusiasm for our rhyming game today! They crack me up :)


And to wrap it up we had 4 students move up to PURPLE today for being Role Models!! 3 of them moved up for impressing the cafeteria staff and one for their hallway behavior. Purple is NOT easy to get, so I was MOST impressed today!!! And look everyone else is on GREEN :):):)


Feeling SO blessed today, looking forward to the rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment