About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Today our regular lessons were replaced with Halloween themed lessons and it was a complete success. I had way more planned than what we got to but it was amazing :)

During Literacy Block we used our 5 senses to describe a pumpkin then used other adjectives to create our own pumpkin creations. I wish I would have taken a picture of all of them, their imaginations are incredible!






For Math we added two dice together and ate the candy from the answer on the mat. First player to eat all their candy wins... but I think everyone is a winner at this game!!



I think one of the funniest parts for me was "spooky" story time! I pulled down all the shades and turned off all the lights. After I give them a fright with my story, they got to use their flashlights to tell stories of their own.



Snack was amazing today, thanks to all the parents who sent in items for our Halloween Trail Mix :) It was a big hit!


Loved these Monster Cups for our juice! :)
{gotta remember to get the sticky back googly eyes next year!
Thank goodness I had a helper to glue the eyes on before snack time}



........and since I haven't posted yet this week, I have other pictures to share  :) 

Skills block yesterday--  CVC Spelling word segmenting and blending activity. 



Writer's workshop on Monday -- The Little Red Hen dialogue lesson. They represented dialogue in both pictures (speech bubbles) and in written form. (with macaroni quotation marks!). Love this lesson and love when they put dialogue in their stories :)


Today was a blast but I'm one tired teacher! I wonder who will last longer tonight.. my candy bowl or me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment