About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am blessed to be a first grade teacher at a wonderful school in Jacksonville Florida. I graduated from the University of North Florida in December of 2009 and I have been in the classroom since January 2010. I am a Pittsburgh girl at heart but I have loved spending the last 8 years of my life in Jacksonville! I enjoy spending my weekends at the beach with friends, or reading a good book at home. Last year I adopted a puppy from the Humane Society and I couldn't love her any more! She is a hound mix named Leigha. She loves to take naps while I pinterest and do school work :)

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Weekly update!

This week was full of some of my favorite lessons! An introduction to schema, and using descriptive words in our narrative writing.

Schema is your feelings, experiences, thoughts, and opinions, it's your background knowledge. During Reading this week student's learned how we use our schema to help us feel and understand when we read.
We made a schema backpack for our Reader's Resource Guide.




After a lesson about descriptive words we made a web of describing words that we can use in our writing.



We have been adding to the web every day when I spot descriptive words in their writing. I'll have to post an updated picture next week!!

I hope you saw the note in your child's folder about Red Ribbon Week! Students are encouraged to participate in the dress up days next week.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment